The IPO market in India has been on the rise since April 2013. Zerodha, a leading stockbroking services provider, recently launched an IPO in the secondary market. To help you understand the process of applying for an IPO with Zerodha, here’s a quick guide on how to apply for an IPO with Zerodha.
If you are planning to go ahead with IPO with Zerodha Account, you would be required to provide various documents to the company for submission. The document would be verified by the company, before final submission to the National Stock Exchange.
Steps to apply for an IPO with a Zerodha account: This article will tell you exactly how to apply for an IPO with a Zerodha account. Investors can apply for an IPO directly in the Zerodha console. And the best part is that the process is very simple.
For application of an IPO
Of course, you will need a Zerodha account if you want to apply for an IPO at Zerodha. If you haven’t opened your Zerodha account yet, you can find a detailed blog post on how to open your Zerodha account here. You can also use this direct link to open an account quickly.
Next, you will need a UPI account. And this is nothing new. Everyone uses UPI these days to pay quickly and securely. For example, you can use apps like Phonepe, Google pay, Bhim app, iMobile by ICICI, etc. Here is a link to UPI apps and banks that allow payments via IPO.
Also read Zerodha Review – Discount Broker in India – Brokerage, trading platform and more.
How can I apply for an IPO with a Zerodha account?
Here are the exact steps to request an IPO through your Zerodha account:
1. Go to the Zerodha IPO page. Here’s a quick link.
Otherwise, you can connect directly to the Zerodha console. Here’s a quick link.
2. Go to Portfolio → IPO in the top menu bar.
3. On this page you will find a list of current IPOs.
4. Select the IPO for which you want to apply from the list of active IPOs and click Apply.
5. A pop-up window appears with information about the IPO. You will find details such as publication date, issue price, contract party, discount (if applicable), minimum order quantity, etc.
6. Please enter your UPI ID. Make sure you have chosen the right bank account.
7. Make a bid by specifying the quantity and price of the bid.
For quantities, this should be the minimum order quantity or a multiple of the lot size. For the offer price, you can enter any price within the suggested introductory price range. In all cases, a marginal price is recommended to maximize the probability of dissemination.
8. After entering the details, click on the check box indicating that you have read the prospectus and that you are an eligible UPI bidder as per the applicable SEBI regulations.
9. Finally, check the data and click Submit.
10. If you want to make changes to the offers later, click Offer Details on the IPO page and make the changes.
After submitting the application, you will receive a UPI order request in your UPI application.
Message: If you use Google Pay, Phonepe or a similar UPI payment app, you will receive a similar message and notification on your phone to make the payment.
Once the payment request is accepted, the UPI application will block the IPO funds in your bank account until the distribution date. You will receive an SMS from the changer when your request has been successfully placed.
When IPO shares are allotted to you, the amount will be deducted from your account and the shares will be credited to your dematerialized account. On the contrary, if the shares are not allocated, the blocked funds are released on the payment date. You can read more about the process of distributing IPO shares to retail investors here.
That’s it. Here is the exact step-by-step process for submitting an IPO with a Zerodha account.
Zerodha is constantly innovating to provide its clients with the best investment and trading opportunities. The application procedure for an IPO is now much simpler. You should really check it out
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for IPO through Zerodha account?
Yes, you can apply for IPO through a Zerodha account. Yes, you can apply for IPO through a Zerodha account. Yes, you can apply for IPO through Zerodha.
Can we apply IPO through kite?
Yes, there are many ways to apply IPO through kite.
Can I apply for IPO in Zerodha without UPI?
Yes, you can apply for IPO in Zerodha without UPI.